Smart Current Account
Our current account. Smart
unbeatable and simply Fidor.
Our current account is free of charge. But offers invaluable security.
It can be hard to find a current account with exciting and cool features that costs nothing at all. But that’s just what we offer here at Fidor Bank. Sign up for our banking package, perfectly tailored to your needs. Includes a bank account, digital Fidor Mastercard® with mobile payment and the Fidor Smart Banking app.
And that’s not all Fidor has to offer. On top of all this, you will immediately become a member of our knowledge community, receive transaction notifications in real-time, exclusive partner offers and savings products and excellent comprehensive security. And don’t forget: It’s all completely free of charge.
Our current account manages more than just money.
Together with the Fidor Smart Banking App, your Fidor Mastercard® with mobile payment and your account, you will also receive a banking package perfectly tailored to your needs. A current account that is as smart as you. With real added value: You may wish to use your Fidor Smart Current Account for standard banking activities, salary payments, transfers and standing orders... but you also have the option to trade precious metals and foreign currencies.
This offer can only be found at Fidor. But there’s even more! Split-second transactions between Fidor accounts and transfers using email addresses & mobile phone numbers. Are you ready? We can help you to switch accounts. Convenient and also completely free of charge.
The Fidor Smart Current Account is a digital cash management platform that allows you to easily manage your finances: 24/7, online/mobile, peer-2-peer credit, Twitter transfers, social trading, social lending and crowdfunding. Shop online safely, access attractive deals, buy precious metals, trade in foreign currencies and acquire virtual currencies.
The Fidor Smart Current Account is currently only available in EUR.
No, all natural or legal persons can currently only have one Fidor Smart Current Account.
- Registration for the Fidor Smart Current Account is free
- The currently valid fees can be found in our price list
- You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Only fully registered Fidor Bank customers can take full advantage of the Fidor Smart Current Account.
- We require the following details for our streamlined registration process: Email address and your full name. Use your Fidor Bank Community password when registering for the Fidor Smart Current Account. You can also use the streamlined registration process if you are already a Fidor Bank customer (e.g. if you already have a Fidor savings certificate).
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will receive a 10-digit Fidor Smart Current Account number.
- Please provide a valid bank account and mobile phone number for your deposits and withdrawals. The account must be in the name of the account holder with a domestic bank.
- The Fidor Smart Current Account from Fidor Bank AG is a transaction platform. For security reasons, transfers are only possible via a mobile TAN (mTAN). We will send you the mTAN after you have entered your transaction data and confirmed by text message using your specified mobile phone number. Please confirm your request with this mTAN. (Please note: the mTAN is only valid for a single transaction)
- You can currently only register or be registered for one Fidor Smart Current Account. The Fidor Smart Current Account must be used solely by the registered user in their own name and for their own account.
- You will not be able to close an existing account at Fidor Bank if you still owe money to other users (e.g. if you have borrowed money).